The Leadership Oath
I promise to do my best to be worthy of the office of ______
for the sake of the Scouts in my Patrol and Troop
and in the world brotherhood of Scouting.
Positions and Their Responsibilities
Senior Patrol Leader
- Runs all troop meetings, events, activities, and the annual program planning conference.
- Runs the patrol leaders' council meeting (PLC).
- Communicates weekly program information to Patrol Leaders and ASPL.
- Appoints other troop youth leaders with the advice and counsel
- of the Scoutmaster.
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to the youth leaders.
- Assists the Scoutmaster with youth leadership training.
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
- Helps the senior patrol leader lead meetings and activities.
- Runs the troop in the absence of the senior patrol leader.
- Helps trains and supervise the troop scribe, quartermaster, instructor, librarian, historian, and chaplain's aide
- Assists Senior Patrol Leader with weekly communication.
- Lends a hand controlling the patrols and building patrol spirit.
- Serves as a member of the PLC.
- Appoints the assistant patrol leader.
- Represents the patrol on the PLC.
- Plans and steers patrol meetings
- Works with the Scribe to record Patrol Member attendance and dues payment.
- Communicates weekly program information to all patrol members.
- Knows what his patrol members and other leaders can do.